Peaceful Belly Farm CSA
What is a CSA?
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) programs are a relatively new movement in the United States and they strive to create a closer relationship between local farmers and consumers. Our CSA program creates a community between our farm and people, like you, who supplement the farm’s budget by purchasing “shares” of the upcoming harvest. This is a commitment between both the farmer and the share member for the entire growing season. The cost of a share is based upon the true cost of production in order to keep small, local, family farms and farmland within the Treasure Valley economically and environmentally viable. Sign up now! A CSA share is not for everyone. We (the farmers) choose what you get every week. It depends on weather and production. If you are not an adventurous cook or eater a CSA is not for you. Please do not sign up but come shop with us at the farmers market.
Why join Peaceful Belly’s CSA?
- Local organic food is fresher and tastes better than food shipped long distances from other states or countries.
- Peaceful Belly produces vegetable varieties bred for taste and freshness rather than for shipping and long shelf-life.
- Buying local food keeps your dollars circulating in your community.
- Getting to know who grows your food builds relationships based on understanding and trust, the foundation of strong communities.
- Joining our CSA reduces your carbon footprint. By purchasing our organic produce, you are ensuring that your food choices are not damaging the earth. Also, it is proven that organically-raised veggies are healthier for you.
- Purchasing a CSA share is vote with your food dollar. This ensures that family farms in your community will continue to thrive and healthy, flavorful, plentiful food will be available for future generations .
- A CSA share is a third of the cost of purchasing the same veggies at the farmers’ market. That is a huge savings!